Saturday, December 17, 2005

too much snow?

so...It turns out that perhaps I'm not quite the blogger I thought I was. I think that maybe everyone is a natural blogger for the first weekend. Then it becomes a test of will. man vs. machine. internal vs. external. light vs. dark. something along these lines I suspect.

anyway... I was all scheduled in for a quick snowboarding jaunt up to the Hiroshima region last night. I bailed halfway through an important drinking party(a japanese institution of the most serious category...more on that another time) to make the bus. The plan was basically meant to go like this:
1) Get on bus at 11:30pm.
2) Ride bus for 8 hours.
3) Arrive at very snowy mountain.
4) Snowboard like it's 1999 (for a few hours anyway).
5) Be prematurely removed from snowboarding environment and ride bus again.
6) Arrive home at 9pm next day, thoroughly exhausted but happy that the snowboarding season has begun at last.

The actual flow of events has gone more like this:
1) Get on bus at 11:30pm (lookin' good)
2) Ride bus for 15 minutes.
3) Wait on side of freeway in bus for 2 hours with rumors of "too much snow"
4) Drink heavily
5) Return to original bus stop (all of 15 minutes)
6) Go to sleep unsatisfied
7) Wake up unsatisfied
8) Blog.

that pretty much brings us up to speed. The irony of this whole episode makes me want to puke. I thought that maybe I could ease this trauma by going surfing, but I might be better off just skinny-dipping in my freezer. At least I wouldn't have to leave my house. Whatever the case...I can think of very little as frustrating as being stuck on the wrong side of "too much snow".











At right: Before riding the bus.











At Left: After psychologically traumatic board trip cancellation episode.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home