Sunday, December 11, 2005

continued visiting...

without further ado...

For those who missed out on my previous entry, dated all of five minutes ago...Alien invaders had landed in Texas from the planet murktrex V and they were rapidly depleting the chili reservoir...er...thats not it.

um, right, My parents were visiting me in Japan.

Japan has a wealth of some really top notch temples and shrines, from the tiny local ones that you literally stumble upon while hiking up a random mountain, to the more than mildly impressive likes of Todaiji and Kiyomizu dera in the culturally rich (an understatement) areas of Nara and Kyoto...While my parents were here I had the honor to show them some of these architecual and cultural wonders such as...

vending machines.

This was a familliar sight...My mom took upon herself the grueling and dangerous task of finding the perfect vending machine coffee...many vending machines were perused, and many coffees were demolished in the quest....

I had a lot more to write...and I was planning on using pictures and words to weave our journey on this vast island through the mysterious, the wild, the poignant, the esoteric, and back through the mysterious again.

It was going to be beautiful. There were going to be tears. When everyone had finished reading it, we were going to embrace life with a newfound passion, living for the moment, bound to one another with the compassion of humanity. And, as a gaggle of peaceful boddhisatvas, set out into the vast void that is the cosmos...

but Ross just got here and I have to take him home...so that's all for tonight...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home